If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Monday, April 30, 2007

Today was a great big day. I shifted H2 further apart from H1 so that I would have enough room to glass the hatch side of both hulls without rubbing up against the hulls. This shifting of the hulls was also in anticipation of starting the mast tomorrow. I had been hopeful that I would be done with the basics of each hull by today but no such luck. I'll have to continue on the hulls while I build the mast. I am however done attaching hull panels. I glued the cabin tops on tonigh, in fact I just quit working minutes ago, 1030 pm PDT or so. I did a number of various tasks today including making doublers for where the beams and rigging go, ordering a furling unit and a gennaker, coming up with a material list for soft goods including the trampolines and finish coating the shelf edges clear. I learned a good trick the other day. Cut foam rollers first into a 1.2 to 2 " roll then divide the roll in three. These sections make way better foam brushes than the ones you can buy. Use them as they are of glue a handle onto the cardboard side of the roller.


H2 shifted about one foot south to make room for building the mast.


Cloth hung for glassing hatch/cockpit side of hulls.


Section of foam brush


Using the foam brush I made to tip air bubbles left from rolling epoxy onto the shelf edging.


My new exterior "office" - no good now as it decided to rain!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Thomas

She's really coming together now, you r hard graft is bringing real progress. Keep it up!

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.