If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A Facebook friend has been trying to connect me to one of his Facebook friends for a couple of weeks as he figured we both had boat building interests in common. It finally happened yesterday. Little did I know that the connection wasn't just boats but Wharrams! Upon landing back in Seattle from my visit back east (more on that later), my "crackferie" had a couple of invites from this new friended link! Turns out that a couple of guys have been building a Tiki 21 over an extended period of time in their garage not more than a kilometer from where I live. Tired as I was, I hopped on my bike midnight timezone where I had just been to go over and check out the action. Arriving in the dark I found one hull in the driveway and after knocking on the door another in the basement garage. Scott of Scott and Mike who are the builders was there (Scott's house) and Mike wasn't showing that evening so luckily I had dressed appropriately and brought my own gloves and the such as I was quickly put to work! Much work done with much remaining but once they launch there will be another fine Wharram gracing the seas. We glassed the fore deck of this pretty craft which is built of Doug Fir plywood and talked technique as we went. I'm sure I'll be lending a hand again. Maybe I should make a career of it - journeyman Wharram builder available, will sleep in the sawdust pile for grog and victuals. -

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.