If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Saturday, September 30, 2006




I've converted an old typewriter table, I found, into a epoxy mixing station. I added a shelf for the scale and mixing cup at the exact level necessary. The added bonus is that I can place a small heater,on this same shelf, under the epoxy to keep it warm. Having a good solid set up for the epoxy, I began measuring, mixing and coating the full sheets on one side. Getting exactly the right amount of resin is a challenge. I might be mixing at a 1 to 4% error but I figured out that by using two additional cups one for Part A and one for Part B, my skills pulling consecutive beers from a tap could come in handy. I can cut off flow without closing the tap. The excess that goes in the over flow cup will be used later. I've come up with a really good way of spreading resin on the sheets. I pour the mixed resin in loops on the sheet then squeegee it out. I started out with a 6" plastic squeegee as SystemTree recommends. This works ok but I thought I'd try a 12 inch window cleaner's rubber squeegee with a handle. It worked really really well. I can push the epoxy around with ease, pull it to dry areas and squeegee off excess resin before I backrolled with the foam roller. It's a quick process; in an hour I had 6 sheets coated and backrolled.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.