If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

As I continue to build the first hull, I am working backwards from the day I launch (Hopefully in June 2007). I am looking at sails, Jeckylls and Cruising Direct, Mast and rigging - wood/carbon fiber or aluminum, outfitting of the boat - think mountaineering etc. I spent last night comparing various options for the forward deck beam and the mast. I now think that carbon fiber is out. The materials alone exceed the cost of any other option. For now I think I will build the forward deck beam per plan. I have the materials so instead of dismissing it for the advantage of a CF or aluminum beam that the forward trampoline can slip over or into a boltrope track, I'll just build it. I can always choose not to use it. Today's task will be to loft up the beam components full size on paper so I can use them to layout the real ones on the plywood. That will probably be a whole day of work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.