If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006


I have glued together the second hull panel today. Also the keel, which has two scarfs. My plan is to let the side panels and the bulkheads cure for a couple of days, until Monday, before I continue work on them. I want the epoxy to harden before I sand it in preparation for assemblying the first hull. In the meantime I can clear coat the insides of the upper hull panels and join them together. I should also start work on the cross beams. They need to be lofted up, cut out and assembled. I'm thinking of replacing the forward most beam with a carbon fiber tube and will use a similar carbon fiber tube at the very stern on the boat for attaching the rear trampoline. As I'm considering making the mast out of carbon fiber, making two shorter and smaller diameter tubes will be good practice before I make the mast. I didn't think I'd be able to do this but today I found a supplier of carbon fiber sleeves which will make making the cross tubes and mast feasible. Work is progressing nicely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.