If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Thursday, October 05, 2006



Some of you may have noticed that at the bottom of the sidebar of this blog there is a site meter. Open it up and click on countries at the bottom of the statistics. It is fascinating to see the global following that Wharram catamarans have. I'd love to hear from those of you following this blog. Do you dream of building and sailing a Wharram? Do you sail a Wharram? Have you built a Wharram? Are you building a Wharram? If you are, I'd love to talk with you. That by the way is easy using Skype.com - free voip. I use it daily to communicate with my global group of friends.

Today I can say I CUT SOME WOOD! I have cut out all blocking, side panels etc for both hulls. Hopefully I measured everything right. I started fairing the pieces made using a surfform, having done the stem, all upper hull sections, lower stern and stem. After all that I needed a beer. Tomorrow I will do the lower hull mid section and the bulkheads. If I get so far then I will finish epoxying the insides of the lower hulls and the bulkheads in the beginning of next week and perhaps by the end of next week I can start assembling a hull. That will be exciting!

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott B. Williams said...

Congradulations on your project. The Tiki 26 is a great boat, and I have long wanted to build one. Other circumstances caused me to set it aside as I owned other boats, and recently I have completed the restoration of a Tiki 21. Here's my blog about it, I hope to update tomorrow with new photos. http://tiki21element.blogspot.com

I'll be in touch and closely following your progress.

Scott Williams
www.scottbwilliams.com

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.