If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Saturday, September 30, 2006



MIXING RESIN - I have been working with epoxy resins for 20 years. If there ever was a place to be clean and keep the stuff off your skin, this is it. I've met former boatbuilders who can't even go into a shop where epoxy is being used. They have immediate sensitivity reactions. It has made it hard for them to continue staying in that livelihood. I have a tendency to want to scratch my nose and forehead while working - a problem, not to mention a slowly building torture if you can't scratch that itch. Pretty soon I has sapped your concentration. Now what I do is coat the exposed skin on my face with barrier cream. I still scratch my face but with a paper towel. Atleast now with the barrier cream and the towel, I'm not getting any residual epoxy from my gloves onto my face.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Thomas, I tried to post a comment but it did not work. This is a test!

Soren

4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me again, it worked.
Yes, you have to watch the epoxy. I know a boat builder here who cant get close to the stuff any more.
I got my catemaran on the trailer today - works well (I will send a picture). I also attached the rudders. Now I just have to make a mount for the 2 hp motor I borrowed and make a sail. Next weekend high tide will be at 2 pm and it is extra high - 13.6 metres so that is when I launch it.

Soren

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.