If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Monday, October 02, 2006


Today was a fine fall day. The temperature has started to fall but as it is still sunny here during the day, the weather is crisp and it is pleasant to be outside. I moved out of the boat shed to cut out hullsides and bulkheads. With a respirator on and a fan blowing, I had sawdust free cutting. Anyone contemplating building one of Wharram's boats should look into the efficiencies of using 5x10 foot/1.524x3.048m sheets of plywood. You end up not having a joint at the bottom of bulkheads 2 and 3 and you save almost the area of an entire 6mm sheet of plywood on the bulkheads alone. I now wish I had made templates for every component or done the drawings up in CAD to figure out if there were other efficiencies. While I was working outside cutting the bulkheads, I had to go into the "shop" to get something. That is how I got the image above. I moved the plywood a little to get the Joubert label dead center to the light pattern but the shape and the message was clear from the sail shape of the light falling through a gap in the wall. This is going to be a good boat. I took it as a positive signal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.