If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

At this point of the project, it has become an activity management puzzle. There are so many things going on. When you are building a hull you are focused. Now it's easy to get lost. Today for example I set up measured for and cut the components for the cockpit. I went and got the necessary doug fir for the cockpit too as I was out of stock. I cleaned up and glued in place the last two beam pads, I glassed to sole (topside) of the cockpit. I coated the mast seat and beam end cleats. I lashed on the rudders and began to mill the spacers for the tillers. On top of that I did some general clean up, moving stuff around and dealt with the heat so I had to time when I did any epoxy work.

I now have a little less than five weeks to launch. The push is to be ready for paint in two weeks. There are lots of little things to get ready. These are decks, hatches, beams, tillers and rudders. ....and I think I'm going to be ready! Ya right!!!


Rudders temporarily mounted with electrical wire.


The aft tramp beam with the mandrel still in place.


Gluing beam pads in place.


The cockpit sole.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.