If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Thursday, May 24, 2007

I fit the bow hatch I'm using in the forward compartment in H2. If you've been following my blog you'll know that I added a sub deck about 14 inches down from the main deck and that the space below that is full of two part expansion foam. I plan on using the accessible space for spare rope, heave to gear, mooring lines and an anchor set up. Not totally sure how I'll set up the anchor gear but I'm thinking a webbing bridle that clips into an eye at the bow at each hull. At the apex of the bridle there will be a float and a jam cleat through which the anchor line runs. The bitter end of the anchor line can then be attached to a cleat on the forward beam.

One thing I need to add in the upper bow compartments are drainage holes if I end up using them as wet lockers.

Dilling the hole for the jig saw


Starting the cut.


Half way around!


Hatch set in hole. When I mount it permanently I'll install it so the hatch lide flips out boards not towards the bow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.