If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Friday, May 18, 2007

I am done sanding the bottom of the boat. All the bits and pieces have been attached that need to go on before I can prime. Everything has been sealed, glassed and sanded. I cleaned up the shed this evening. Done with that. My plan is to prime the hull upside down but paint right side up. After I prime the hulls, I'll attach the UHMW polyethylene strips that I'm using in lieu of metal strip down the keel suggested in the plans.

I prototyped the hinges I'm thinking of using today. The material, at 1/8 inch thich may be too stiff. It is also uhmw Polyethylene/ What I need to do is mount the actual rudder to hull and see if it works. This at a minimum means routing 1/8 inch kerfs into a rudder and a stern and mounting these. Then I'll need to see how it works with the tillers which are only cut out but not assembled. More on this as I work it out. I may just go with the laced hinges. Those who use them seem to think them fine.


Main Hatches with a second coat of resin. Tomorrow I'll fair them and then do a final coat of resin. There is more work to be done on the inside of these still.


7/16 thick UHMW Polyethelene strips for the keels.


Fairing a lashing doubler.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.