If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Monday, May 14, 2007

No pictures today unless I posted some of dust! You may have noticed that I added a new photo link to my Flickr site. You can see all my construction photos here. I sanded the day away basically though I did fit the standing rigging cleats to the mast. These I am through bolting instead of using screws as Wharram shows in the plans. Andy Vanags, who taught me material sciences in school once told me a story of a sailor boat builder who had fastened his boat with screws. As this sailor sailed on the screws slowly worked their way loose. Bolts with nuts could be tightened but not screws. Screws have their place just not in high stress locations as the mast top rigging cleats. Therefore I bolt!

I'm interested in why no one commented on my video of mast making - no one out their thought me crazy or ingenious. I wish I had footage of when the mast got loose and was bouncing all over the shed and I quickly retreated under the overturned hull or when the strap got wraped around itself and the boom ended up at the top of shed roof! Hole hawgs are a powerful tool.

Workwise I'm not done for the day just a break for a beer and some dinner then back at it to glass a hatch and seal the bottom of the mast.

To Tommy who commented on Sunday's post, what part of the world are you in? How do you plan on using your T26? There are a number of us who email ideas back and forth. Join in if you'd like.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't comment on the 'widowmaker' cus I was speechless you mad bugger!

10:53 PM  
Blogger Scott B. Williams said...

I was too dumbfounded to find words to express my disbelief!

5:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm amazed that it worked...and that you have all your limbs intact...please don't go climbing with that webbing!

6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.