If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Thursday, May 10, 2007

I got so into advancing work yesterday that I forgot to take any photos. The day was actually a blurr as it was broken up by a 2 pm teaching gig I had. I worked till the last moment, rushed to the class, then back to boat work. Funny thing was the lesson went better than when I fuss and fret over these things. Subconsciously I'd obviously thought about the lesson but not the delivery. Sometimes it's better to not come at things directly.

I managed to get the gaff finish ready. It has its first coat of resin on it. It was a good exercise to take the gaff from a square stick to a round stick. Next step will be rounding the mast. Other things I worked on were the hatch and coaming for H1, fairing the hull of H2 (I sort of messed up not doing the final strip of 12 oz biaxial glass on the keel on H2). I have a fair amount of sanding to get the hulls ready for their last coat of epoxy and then primer and paint -- oh but wait! I still need to figure out how the cockpit seat boxes go on the hulls! ... So much to do and only one pair of hands and 24 hrs in a day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.