If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

I worked on many things today and I worked a really long day. Because of the warm temperatures, I did my epoxy work early and late. I coated the cabin on H1 starting at 6 am and I work until about 1120 pm gluing up the mast. It took a great deal of work to get glue everywhere and the whole thing fitted together well. Then checking that it was not curved was another task but I think it's pretty good. I've got it set up on a perfectly level and plane surface so it should be good. I used a string line to check it but you never know. I won't really know until I take it out of the significant restriants I have holding it all together.

Fitting the last pieces


Dry-clamped


Clamp madness from the bottom


Clamp madness from the top. I've also got rope would around it and then further tightened with wedges of every sort.


Serious mast bondage!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.