If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

The temperature hit 85 F in the shed yesterday. Needless to say I didn't try epoxying during this heat. I did some small gluing tasks but waited until this morning to give the cabin on H1 its second coat of resin. I started some new projects yesterday too. I started work on the first hatch. I'm not sure how deep I want it so I made it deeper than needed. I've started using hot glue to temporarily tack things together. It works well. I also glued up all the bits I'd made that are the boom. This was difficult even though I had dry fitted everything. At one point I thought I was going to loose out as it took so long to get everything aligned that I was expecting the glue to set.


Mast heel glued in place.


Conduit run up through the mast for wires.


My daughter crumples tin foil into the mast to increase the boats radar signal.


Mast head assembly now glued in place. Note block added below jib sheet guides.


The boom dry fitted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.