If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Thursday, May 10, 2007

None of the epoxy I'd done last night was cured enough to sand so I jumped in on the mast. (I suppose I could have sanded the deck and cabin of H1 but I'd rather play with wood. I let the mast out of its bondage gear and made some 45 degree chocks to sit it in. Getting the mast to eight sides was pretty fast. I took my worm drive saw down the lines I'd scribed and knocked the corners off. Then I made a 45 degree guide for my power planer, hot glue and duct taped it on and promptly cut the mast to 16 sides. Next I free handed it to 32 sides. It looks pretty good now. Most of my glue joints are totally closed up and the mast is only slightly over sized. Time to start the long road towards a five inch diameter round stick!


Free but in the square.


Scribbing the cut lines


Worm drive to eight sides.


Some of the jigs I'm using to make the mast.


Round in the rough! -- Lunch time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.