If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I moved H1 several times today and made a nifty stand for it ot of some Mountain Dew syrup barrels that I recovered after they rolled out the back of a truck sans syrup. You never know when stuff you find will come in handy. It was fun seeing the hull lying on its side on the ground. At the current weight (400 lbs) I can still lift and flip one hull by hand on my own. The bottom is now sanded for paint though that won't come for a while. First I need to add the flange for the seat box. To do this I need to figure out the beams and their attachment. Stay tuned.

Being silly after I "dropped" the hull while flipping it.


Mountain Dew crushed!


Ready for sanding.


Perfectly propped!


Moved for cleaning the work space, note single 2x4 prop. I'll carry a few of these when I sail I case of dissasembly need.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.