If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007


How time flys. With today's heat, I started early. 5 am early and then I finished late 11 pm. That's a solid days work. I got all the beam pads cleaned up except I forgot one, which I had hoped to coat tonight so now I'll have to tomorrow. I got the tillers fitted and the pieces cut out already to glue. I was going to do it tonight when I discovered that the deck I had the tillers clamped to, to work a bend into them, was flexing. Oh well there is always tomorrow. Early this morning I coated the insides of the cockpit panels so this evening I stiched everything together and glued the sides to the bottom. Onwards. My plan is to use cant strips around the base on the inside with a fillet to finish this off. The inside bottom is glassed as will the outside (all of it) be. I finished the extra aft beam which will sit on the rear deck and be the aft end of the aft tramp. I don't know what else I did. It was a long day!

Does that really say 11:07 pm!


Late night epoxy work. The temperature in the shade hit 85 today.


I took the time to clean tools and misc stuff off the hulls. It didn't last long.


Fitting tillers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.