If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Primer does not lie. Any little irregularities that you have missed become painfully obvious. Mainly there are little areas where the cloth weave didn't totally fill or an area I missed sanding. I do have two long irregular seams on the in facing sides of the cabin. I've taped them off so that I can get a clean straight fill. Fixing these things will be the first activity of the morning.

I almost forgot to mention the most exciting thing that happened yesterday. Hull 2 fell over while I was inside it. I had loosened and removed all the beams but one. I was inside masking the windows when suddenly I heard a crack. The light support brackets failing and then the hull was over on its side on top of the beams on the floor. Damage? None. As lightly as these boats are built they are still very strong.


Blue tape marks where I need to fix the finish.


Everything is so white.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.