If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The cockpit that I have built is an unwieldy thing. At six and a half feet by eight feet it is not very easy to move. It's not that it is too heavy, it is just that I can't manipulate it easily. Yesterday I glued down the outer bottom skin so it is now a box with a slightly curved bottom with an inch of sandwiched foam. As I get closer to completing my Tiki 26, I can see that it is not really a trailer sailer. At least not with any ease and not single handed. I'd better get it assembled, in the water and then take a long trip.


The cockpit box. I have made it ten inches deep so it will hang about 8 1/2 inches below the beams. It is a stout thing. To install it I envision hooking the leading edge then raising it with a tackle around the round beam set on the cabin top.


The mast step glued and screwed in place.


Lash pad screwed, bolted and glued in place


My version of the main hatch coaming. I'm using a double outer coaming to inhibit water from entering the cabin. The small round pad in the foreground is where the hatch slide rail is attached.


Access "ports" to the dolfin striker bolt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.