If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Last day of May. I have a month on the self-imposed clock! Again it was hot today. In the eighties. I got the tillers glued up first thing this morning and will leave them until tomorrow late before I pull the clamps. Hopefully the bends will remain and hopefully they will fill. I made them snug as I didn't want slop in the tiller to rudder connection. The last part of the rudders will be installing the cheeks that the tillers rest on. I likely will need to get some more wood for these as I'm running out of useful scraps.

The other big project today was gluing up the cockpit box. I added a cant strip around the interior bottom edge so there are no corners to hold sand and the like. I'll fair over this strip to get a clean look. My plan at the moment is to permanently attach seat boxes for storage such that the cockpit sides double as one side of the seat box. I've made the cockpit wider than the plans call for at 52 inches which leaves 13 inches per side for the seat boxes. The top of the boxes will have operable lids so that you can store stuff here.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.