If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Friday, July 06, 2007



I have reduced the boat to eight components; two hulls, three beams(plus the extra) the cockpit, the rig and the tiller-tiller bar set up. To get this project done at this stage I've decided to focus on the work component by component.

In this light, I've decided to finish the front beam first. It's pretty close now. The paint is done except touch up. I've drilled holes for the beam end cleats and as the photo above shows, I've made the tramp attachment rail. This is made of an eight foot long 1" x 3/4" strip of HDPE that screws to the bottom of the beam. The lacing ropes enter and exit the strip at 45 degrees. At each location where a lacing enters and exits the rail there is a 2 1/2" #12 screw to hold the strain. Once it is tested out, I may choose to add some intermediate through bolts. Once the cleats and the tramp rail are attached then the beam should be done and I will move onto the next piece of work.

My hope is that by working this way, it will be a more logical and enjoyable completion of the building project. I know that my problem is the good weather and my desire to get on the water. I have to be gone for the next week so the project will sit dormant but then I'll plow through it at the end of July and be on the water in August.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.