If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Saturday, August 04, 2007

The big job today was raising the mast. I managed to do this on my own though I got mechanical and angle advantage by hauling the main sheet up into the tree at the bow of the boat and then using the four part purchase. I've added running backstays to the rig. These help with keeping the mast in line as iit comes up. One drag is that I discovered that the stays are too long. Better than too short I guess. As they are nico press made up I'll cut out the bottom eyes and redo them shorter. IT was good to raise the mast as it gave me an idea of what it takes and I got to sort out the rigging and hardware on the mast.


Ready to raise.


Mast head mess.


Up it comes.


Looking good and staying in line.


Backyard sailing at its best. With a reef in I sail into the trees never to return!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.