If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Thursday, August 02, 2007

The work is so incremental now that it is often very difficult to remember what I actually worked on during the day. So here is what i remember; I templated the flying fish on the starboard hull and painted it. once it was dry I cleaned up the name and the two fish and then applied clearcoat over top of them to protect them. I really like the way the fish turned out. They are based on a picture of an actual flying fish which I graphically enhanced by hand and then cut out in contact paper. It's a great process. I attached the aft trampoline to see how it fits - well. It will be a great place to hang out or store stuff. I painted the graphic to the outer starboard side. Hopefully it looks good. I can't get far enough back to see it or photo it for that fact. It is totally freehand and I layed it out with help from my friend Stu. We are going to try to match it on the port side tomorrow. I also made to bold step of painting the bottom of the starboard hull and the inner side of the port hull. I left the outer port sidr for now as the side graphic goes down below the water line. Oh the other thing I did was a big clean up. Things were getting out of control.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.