If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Sunday, July 29, 2007

There is real truth to the saying; "the last fice percent is the hardest!" Everytime I feel like I'm a week from launching some new task comes to mind that I need to have done before I can launch and is another delay.

I woke to rain this morning so painting was out of the question. It did clear up by mid-day but instead of working on detailing the paint, I continued with installing hardware and fitting stuff. I "big" project was mounting the outboard - it fits perfectly and firing it up. To do this I stuck it in a garbage can full of water. I went with a 6 hp ultra long shaft OB. Physically it's the right size. Hopefully it will push the boat along just right.

Bow view. Note motor with cover removed mounted in the cockpit.


The ocean! ...more like a garbage can full of water to test out the motor.


Lots of thrust.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.