If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Dear James Wharram and Hanneke Boon, Why couldn't I just follow the plans? What made me need to tweak this and change that? Sure I've wasted a perfectly good life messing about in boats and dreaming of trips when I should have kept my nose clean instead of thinking of places to visit. Why? Oh I've had day sails on others cats but here I am headed out to the horizon on a boat I've never sailed on. 26 feet seemed so small when I first began after all it's only 7 feet longer than the biggest boat I've previously built from scratch. And to think that I believed I'd be sailing this summer. Here I've been all full of piss and vinegar. I've worked carefully and I've tried to stick to the plans. I thought I was thinking clearly all along. And now I'm noticing that my house is in the way between the boat yard and the sea. How do I get out of my backyard?


As I'm Canadian, I am using "hockey pucks" to locate the beams laterally. I was all go this moring and forgat to dryfit the two pucks that locate the main beam together. 1/2 inch off on the port hull. Luckily I could fix it.


Second time I don't make the same mistake - dry-fitted before I slather on the glue!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.