If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Thursday, July 26, 2007

After this morning's mess up on the hockey pucks, I dry fit every part of the hatch sliding mechanism. It's kind of fancy as I've used stainless steel pipe and fittings normally used to make biminis on yachts. It works nicely. The hatch both slides and pivots and can be set in three positions; fully closed, half open and fully open. After I finish lunch, I'll do the hatch on the other hull. If the sun cooperates and makes an appearance, ridding the sky of the threatening clouds, I continue where I left off yesterday with the touch up paint I'm doing. I also have sanding to do on the ends, sides and bottom of the cockpit. Not a task I'm dieing to do as I've had it with sanding epoxy - especially the cockpit bottom.





1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Thomas,

You've done a great job of your hatches. Nice touch!

I found your blog via Neil's Gleda project website. I'll drop by from time to time.

Regards,
Paul

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.