If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I'm feeling good about launching next week. It would be so much easier if the tide would just roll in! I still have plenty to do to get everything ready but steadily I get closer.

I did some touch up paint, sanded the bottom of the cockpit, installed the main sheet setup including traveler and the jib sheet setups. I also played around on the computer to make a template for the name which will go across the aft beam. Once I got the font right, I took it to the local reproduction shop and had it blown up so that it is big. I'll use this to make a template out of contact sheeting so I can paint the name on super dope!

I had an interesting experience with the front hatches, the round ones I installed in the deck in front of the forward beam. Apparently they will not only be water tight but air tight. When I opened the one which was in the sun it hissed as the heated air escaped.





3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Awesome work! I love the paint design. Watch the air tight compartments, I have heard that when they get cold, they don't open!

7:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't see any cockpit drains, Thomas!

10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know the motor well will drain, but with the seat-to-cabin joint tight, you might want a few more drains up front, and maybe in the middle!

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.