If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006






Today was good. It feels like I have the beginnings of a boat. I have spent fifteen days lofting, making parts, sawing, epoxying, sanding and on and on. Finally today I got to wire panels together and set up the hull first rightside up and then upside down. I placed bulkheads, stood back and admired the boat when realized I didn't know if I had all the bulkheads in right so that I would have an inside and an outside. I can image that there have been builders who made such a mistake. Two hulls the same, bulkheads mixed up. The pitfalls are endless! I decided this hull would be the port side such that I could have both hulls in the backyard and assemble the boat completely prior to removing for launch. This was when I noticed that the keel was twisted out out true. It makes sense that the keel would do this as it is almost square; as you bend it it wants to sit on edge. I will need to remove all of the wires (keel only leaving them through the sides) so that I can try to readjust. Luckily I can still lift the boat alone as I'm going to rewire with the hull upside down on a set of saw horses. Once the keel is adjusted I will strongback the hull opening and roll it over so that I can continue with my work. Hopefully I can square up the keel and hopefully it won't twist back out of true when I flip over.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see your jamming out in there.

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.