If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Thursday, November 09, 2006



Today was an epoxy day. I glued, I filleted, I coated and I taped. I am almost done with the required work below the bunk level. It has taken longer than I expected. Instead of feeling frustrated by this, I am enjoying the tasks and the speed of the work. I really like the way you build the Tiki 26 - upwards. To me it feels like you are slowly filling a bucket with water. There is a great deal of satisfaction to this.

The pictures I'm including today are of areas where I've added things. This includes two areas, at the forward bunk and below the hatch. Both include partial bulkheads up to the bottom of the bunk boards. The bunk ledgers I've added feel like they add to the tetrahedron concept. The battery box has holes for a retaining strap and a large cut out so you can get to the area below the bottom. I had a small problem with the board for the bottom of the box this morning, it was wet on one end. I thought of different ways to dry it and finally decided to wrap it in a towel and put it in the dryer with a handful of other towels. It worked perfectly! After about half an hour it was dry again. Tomorrow I will pull the last wires, give the two areas needing their final coat of epoxy and the be ready to install the bunk boards, after I finish them of course. Perhaps I might get to the upper sides next week. But then again maybe filling the bucket with water may take longer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.