If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Tuesday, February 06, 2007




I've been stewing about time. Will I make my desired launch date? I complained to my wife that I could sand for months. She suggested I start hull two somehow that way I could guage time. I got an response to yesterday's post from Scott Williams who has recently started his Tiki 26 build ( see links). His words and those of my wife sparked a sea change in me. I figured out that I can move the hull right outside the shed. So I've switched gears. I sealed up the remaining uncoated wood on the hull today and got supplies to reposition hull one. I prepped the shed somewhat for the move. I ploughed into other work - milling out 2"x3/4" rips of White Oak for the tillers and crossbars. That is hard wood! Oh and most important, I started the keel for Hull Two. Its the long bit of wood with clamps and zip ties (more experimentation - instead of cutting out strips of 1x 3/4 and doing just end scarks which are pretty unstable, I cut out enough 1/2x3/4 to do offset scarfs backed up with a continuous length of wood. I'll try to post a future picture of this. It also uses up rips of wood I have laying around. Why buy when you have.) around it on the floor just to the left of Hull One! Maybe I'll call them Thing One and Thing Two from the Cat in the Hat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.