If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Thursday, June 14, 2007

At this stage of the project I find myself working on many different stages and elements of the project. A local welding shop made up this monkey face plate in stainless for me. It has three holes in it for the forestay wires from each hull and the forestay. It also has a tang off the front with an eye to which I'll connect a short piece of wire for the foot of the gennaker.

The work on the cockpit continues. I plan on finishing the underside including paint before i flip it over again to finish the interior. I glass the bottom today. It should be sandable tomorrow. I'll sand and fair it in the morning, then hopefully sand it by the end of the day so it is ready for primer and then paint. It will be sometime next week for the primer to cure which will be when I paint it. In the third photo I show a detail I added. It is a 2x2 with holes in it through which I'llfeed a line. This is an emergency feature in case of a capsize. Some where to hang onto or lash things to. Let's hope it never is required.

I didn't continue priming of the hulls and components today. Instead I touched up rough spots on the hulls or areas where the seams in the glass showed. I don't know how much of this work I'll do. It's somewhat vanity work. It has no real function. Everything is bomber. So this is vanity work. In the process of doing this work today, I made my first batch of wrongly mixed fairing compound. This I had to scrape off as it wasn't going to cure. What a pain! I'm glad I hadn't made that mistake before.


Monkey face plate.


Cockpit bottom glassed.


Added manline 2x2 on cockpit bottom.


Faired glass seam.


Vanity repair!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.