If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Saturday, June 16, 2007

The cockpit bottom is primer ready. I thought I'd prime it today but it wasn't ready. After a solid sanding, It wasn't to my smoothness standard. So I did some additional fairing and then gave it a final coat of resin. I should be able to get a coat of primer on late tomorrow. I started on the box seat lids today too. I found some cool hinges that are like a piano hinge except that they use a polymer as the hinging part. They are rated for two million plus bends and have a wide temperature range. The flexible part is fused to a epoxy compatible strip which I will glue into a kerf on the seats. My daughter helped me stitch the rudders on to the hulls. I need to finish these by plugging the holes in the hulls and rudders with epoxy. They seem good though. I feel like I can see the end. I've stitched one of the trampolines and will wortk on the other tonight. Mostly what I have left is paint and rigging now. Oh of course the inside of the cockpit. How could I forget!


Using a skateboard to move the tramp fabric past the sewing machine.


Tramp fabric with edge webbing ready for final fold. Note cut away corners in fabric to reduce the number of layers.


Excelon hinge material available through Tap Plastics.


Stitched on rudder.


Smooth cockpit bottom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.