If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Thursday, August 09, 2007

I got a comment from Kim Whitmyre about how he noted that I didn't have cockpit drains. Drains in the aft corners probably would be a good idea especially when healed slightly as the water won't run out the motor well. But they won't be easy to add as the cockpit floor is double thick with rigid foan in between and the sides have a cant strip along the bottom. As I noted yesterday - Let the refit begin! I fully expect that once I get on the water I'll have lots to tweak. You can sit on land forever or at the dock and dream up issues and needs but the truth emerges once you go sailing. This is when everything you've done gets tested. I think that will be when this blog gets interesting. I'll be reporting back on what works and what doesn't. One thing that is already clear is that in a thin skinned boat it is hard to attach things to the cabin sides unless you make specific accomodations to do so or fasten stuff right through the hull. The side to deck stringer I added on the interior of the hull is perfect for attaching things to. I've screwed PVC awning track to this stringer. Thats how the storage bags I've made attached. The bags have sail luff along the top which slides into the groove of the track. Very clean.


A happy sailer with all her stuff stowed and ready to go.

Taking down the fence to my neighbors.


The ramp to the sea.


Last minute additions. I added non-skid sand to fresh paint on the seats as they were too slippery.

1 Comments:

Blogger 44frames said...

Hi

I went through your page and it impressed me. I wish to add it to my site. Take a look at this , it might help you in your life.

http://spiritualfacts.blogspot.com/

-Maxx

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.