If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Friday, June 22, 2007

I've been reading posts on Roz Savage's blog, www.rozsavage.com, about her preparations for her row across the Pacific. Having succeeded in a similar attempt across the Atlantic, what she is about to set out to do is far from being lunacy, I think it's totally attainable for her. I followed her successful attempt across the Atlantic. In fact I can partly thank her for motivating me to follow my dream. I like her quote of Churchill "Success is the ability to go from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm." Reading that today got me fired up about my little failure. Keep it in mind if you are biulding or plan to do so. Sometimes as she says it's easier to keep on than to quit. Very true.

I'm not going to rush the repair of the failed paint. After yesterday's all day sanding marathon, I don't want to do that again. Today I did a test sand of the new epoxy on the cockpit bottom and then a paint test there and on several spots on the beams. They all where dry within several hours. This is good. It means that I can move ahead with my project. Tomorrow is a rest day. Actually it's party day. Wee haw!!! We've invited seventy or so friends over for a beginning of the summer party. Schools out so there will be kids messing with stuff and a crowd of adults. I expect the house to be trashed by the end of the night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.